May 20, 2004

Last weekend was a blast. Beer and rest, worship and chillin', new songs and new memories.

I'll leave tomorrow night for a personal prayer retreat with Jeff to seek wisdom for Mars and the direction we should go in.

We are having a great discussion right now about the way the ministry is shared. Organic vs. Synthetic. What naturally happens over and against what needs to be structured. That has led to a question about the way we share the gospel. Do we make a program, do we push 'relational evangelism' only? I'm thinking that, while we should never be driven r led by the culture, the culture you live in obviously dictates the way you handle the ministry God has given us to carry out. One nation calls for this, another city calls for that, and still another house calls for something entirely different.

When he spoke, Ben mentioned that in order to be 'successful' in anything you must determine who it is that you love. When you have that nailed, methods come next. Who do we love? How can we reach them?

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2004 at 12:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I think, as well, that our culture often dictates how we go about sharing the Gospel. I would push it a little further to say that even how we are gifted and how we are wired by our Creator determine how we do evangelism. I do evangelism differently than my wife does. However, the fact of the matter is that we MUST be doing it. We must be able to say, "here is how I am doing evangelism in my current context."

Man, I'm so tempted to use the old cliche, "Just Do It." But I'm fighting against it with everything I have...Here's another option, "Just Get After It." Or, "Just Evangelize It." Or, "Just Keep on Keepin' On." Or, ok, I give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home