April 28, 2004

K and I are entering into the next phase of the new season that started at the end of last year. Moving into simple church mode with Mars, dave stepping down and me stepping up and now talk of the Community offering K and I a housing allowance. I've been stressing alot lately about working 6 days/40 hours a week at the Credit Union on top of the full time responsibilities of shepherding a community of believers. Depending on the amount of the housing allowance, this may be just the thing I will need to go part time with work and then be able to devote more "actual" time to Mars.

two things:
ONE- equipping needs to happen. the ideas in my head for direction in the community need to get passed off into the heads of those God wants to raise up for the future of His work in our midst. honestly, we need help in this area. we need to learn how to raise people up, fan the flame of God's dream in them and set them free to fly.
TWO- i need more time. it is looking like we are moving more in a direction of raising "missions" support in order to free me up for the stuff God's dreaming in my own heart. downside= i hate to ask for money. i can across Andrew Jones' post about raising support and it has answered a few cries of my heart. It's good to know i'm not the only one out here struggling with this. please read his post here and know my heart resonates so deeply with the words that they almost made me cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home