December 17, 2003

The Last Samurai

Dude! Jeff, Josh, Steve and I went to see it last nite. I walked away awestruck. It hit so hard, on the drive home I found my self saying out loud, "Man, that movie freakin rocked! Wow." That would not be so big of a deal except I was alone. Actually, not really. It was more like a prayer. I was so slammed with the idea of honor and justice, so shifted by the idea that "samurai" is the Japanese word for servant.

It saddens me to know that we are part of such a shallow "culture" (if you can call it that). LS carried the idea through the screen so thickly that the truth, and integrity and so worth fighting for. there's this mixed feeling of being totally ashamed at my immaturity and the lack of really knowing what's going on (which I think that is the state that we are all in,even with all of our buzz words and research, but it is a rare event that leads us to actually acknowledge it) mingled with a sense of needing to recapture that integrity Allgren and Kasomuro (sp?) fought so hard to maintain and protect.

God, where are our samurais?

Do yourself a favor, go get moved by this flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home